In 2005 the International Dose-Response Society was created in response to the growing number of scientists, including toxicologists, pharmacologists, biostatisticians, epidemiologists, occupational and environmental medical researchers, and others who have shown interest in better understanding the nature of the dose response in the low dose zone.
The Society is dedicated to the enhancement, exchange, and dissemination of ongoing global research efforts concerning underlying mechanisms of dose dependent transitions in the low dose zone as maybe seen in threshold and hormesis dose-response models.[...] Read More
Volume 12, Number 3 / 2014
Table of Contents
- COMMENTARY: EPIDEMIOLOGICAL EVIDENCE OF CHILDHOOD LEUKEMIA AROUND NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS Marek K. Janiak
- THE INFLUENCE OF TRP53 IN THE DOSE RESPONSE OF RADIATIONINDUCED APOPTOSIS, DNA REPAIR AND GENOMIC STABILITY IN MURINE HAEMATOPOIETIC CELLS Jennifer A. Lemon, Kristina Taylor, Kyle Verdecchia, Nghi Phan, Douglas R. Boreham
- MECHANISTIC MODELS FIT TO ED001 DATA ON >40,000 TROUT EXPOSED TO DIBENZO[A,L]PYRENE INDICATE MUTATIONS DO NOT DRIVE INCREASED TUMOR RISK Kenneth T. Bogen
- CHERNOBYL-RELATED CANCER AND PRECANCEROUS LESIONS: INCIDENCE INCREASE VS. LATE DIAGNOSTICS Sergei V. Jargin
- STOCHASTIC THRESHOLD EXPONENTIAL (TE) MODEL FOR HEMATOPOIETIC TISSUE RECONSTITUTION DEFICIT AFTER RADIATION DAMAGE B. R. Scott and C. A. Potter
- EFFECTS OF LOW-DOSE-GAMMA RAYS ON THE IMMUNE SYSTEM OF DIFFERENT ANIMAL MODELS OF DISEASE Noriko Shimura and Shuji Kojima
- DISSECTION OF THE HORMETIC CURVE: ANALYSIS OF COMPONENTS AND MECHANISMS Volodymyr I. Lushchak
- GENE EXPRESSION DURING IMIDACLOPRID-INDUCED HORMESIS IN GREEN PEACH APHID Murali-Mohan Ayyanath, G. Christopher Cutler, Cynthia D. Scott-Dupree, Balakrishnan Prithiviraj, Saveetha Kandasamy, Kalyani Prithiviraj
- DELAYED MITOGENIC STIMULATION DECREASES DNA DAMAGE ASSESSED BY MICRONUCLEUS ASSAY IN HUMAN PERIPHERAL BLOOD LYMPHOCYTES AFTER 60CO IRRADIATION G. Tamizh Selvan, M. Bhavani, J. Vijayalakshmi, F.D. Paul Solomon, N.K. Chaudhury and P. Venkatachalam
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: MOBILE PHONES, NON-IONIZING RADIOFREQUENCY FIELDS AND BRAIN CANCER: IS THERE AN ADAPTIVE RESPONSE? Vijayalaxmi
News & Events
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission request public comments on changing the basis for its “Standards for Protection Against Radiation” from the Linear No-Threshold (LNT) model to the Radiation Hormesis model. July 18, 2015
- Lauding Low Doses-A Revolutionary Field Called Hormesis Shows that Dangerous Substances can be Beneficial at Low Levels June 4, 2010
- SEMINARS ON “HORMESIS” – LOW DOSE EXPOSURES January 1, 2009
Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Medical School in Houston
October 1, 2009, Ransome van der Hoeven
“Hormesis and aging in C. elegans”
University of Kansas Medical Center
October 2, 2009, Karl Rozman, Ph.D
“Hormesis or the Effects of Low Doses of Toxic Agents”
Metagenics International Congress of Nutritional Medicine 2009
Jun 6-8, 2009, ...
- Best Seller by Clive Cussler brings HORMESIS to public attention January 1, 2009
Quote from: Medusa: A novel from the NUMA files by Clive Cussler with Paul Kemprecos, G.P. Putnam’s Sons, Penguin Group (USA) Inc. (2009), pp 236-237.
“An antiviral has to kill the pathogens without hurting the host. The medusa toxin went beyond that, actually protecting its host organism’s health…for a while, anyway. The process is called hormesis. ...
- New publication, Hormesis and Medicine, in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology July 25, 2008